Are You Depressed Again?
To be depressed would describe a feeling of low mood, that can affect us all once in a while, but if you find yourself depressed again and again, you aren't just sad or upset. You may have clinical depression, and that is described as an illness. You would have intense feelings of constant sadness and hopelessness. Your body would feel it also, by not being able to sleep, having a loss of energy, or having aches and pains.
If you find you are depressed again, take a look at some of the most common signs of the illness:
- Tired or loss of energy
- Trouble Sleeping
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or helplessness
- Hard to function at work or school
- Loss of appetite
- Not enjoying the things that you usually do
- Trouble concentrating
- Avoiding other people
- Physical aches and pains
- Feeling down or depressed again and again
- Thoughts of suicide and death
Taking control of your depression is crucial to your emotional health.
Self help Tips To Help Take Control Of Your Emotions
1. Decide to be happy. Make the choice!
2. Take control of your environment. Create a calm and soothing atmosphere for yourself. Avoid high traffic by taking the scenic route.
3. Lighten up your schedule. Are you overloaded? Evaluate your responsibilities and eliminate or lessen what isn't absolutely necessary. Prioritize.
4. Learn to say, "NO".
5. Pace yourself by slowing down a bit. Give your self an emotional "time-out" when needed.
6. Avoid refined sugar (sweets). The foods you eat can make a difference with your mood. Research what foods can actually help boost your mood. Watch your eating habits, so you do not find yourself depressed again.
7. Limit your contact with people who add to your stress or who are negative. End unhealthy relationships!
8. Relax. Breathe. And focus on the positive.
Write down some of the things in your life that make you unhappy. Then create a new perspective for each one of those things. Find a new way of looking at it. A way that can make it a GOOD thing.
When you find yourself thinking negatively about a situation, and you slip back to being depressed again, just find a positive, new way to look at the problem. Positive thinking can have amazing results!
Get a load of this:
Did you know that most people who are depressed, actually choose to be? Even if you don't realize it, you DO have control over your emotions! Hard to swallow, I know, but I'd say that is Good news!
That means that you can DO something about it! Yay!
Sometimes you have to “do” something about the situation and you're so depressed that you don't feel like it. If you just do it, you may begin feeling like it! Did that make sense? When I find my self getting depressed again, and I need to do something, I'll start to parent myself. I will do it just because I was told to, even if I don't feel like it. But once I started doing it, I felt more like doing it.
You can either continue to look at the things the same way, and be depressed again, or you can choose to look at it in a more positive way. I choose the positive way.
If you have a comment you'd like to share about being depressed again, we'd love to hear it!